Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Pet Peeve Churches that try to be smart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Pet Peeve Churches that try to be smart

    IN Norton a church sign reads godisnowhere. Then it says read again. Well If I only ride by it once it read god is nowhere. Im not sure what it is suppose to mean but I take it maybe God Is Now here? Why not just say it? God is here he has always been here. Dont confuse the path to heaven with riddles.
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeve Churches that try to be smart

    I have issues with some churches but I don't want to publicly call out most religious institutions and name them (don't think you did).

    Just how I see it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeve Churches that try to be smart

    I'm not trying to take up for the kid that got drunk and tried to set Norton on Fire. BUt if he would have staggerd by and seen god is here. Not some puzzle he had to read. Ive been young and drunk as can be. Luckily I was on a strip job most of the times. But If I read a confusing church sign I would have likely went on a tear.
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeve Churches that try to be smart

    I really didn't mean his thread turn about the kid that was drunk. But I did have to ask myself what the **** was he thinking? I cant place myself in his shoes but I can only wonder. I can acknowledge the fact that I have done some really stupid things. If this kid goes to juvenile detention. He will most likely be a thug for the rest of his life. He can still be a good citizen. With one of the most embarrassing mistakes ever in his past.
    GO VOLS

  5. #5
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeve Churches that try to be smart

    I doubt very seriously a clearer sign, god or whatever would have changed his mind, or sober him up. He was going to do whatever he wanted, you do stupid things when you're drunk, he just obviously did a lot worse than most. I like those signs believe it or not, some of them are catchy as hell and make me think to try and get what they are saying, its usually somthing funny. I'm much more peeved at a church I know of that was created purely out of spite. The woman(preacher) attended another church for years like me and my family, she wanted to become a deacon, but they turned her down...she's fairly young. Then she goes and starts her own church, half the ppl go to hers now because of their friendship with her, splitting everyone up. The preaher from the original one has bent over backwards for most in there, including her, still giving when he had to live in that church when some hard times hit. But she gets her ass in the air because she doesn't get what she wants, goes and starts another church and divides everyone- it only had 20+ ppl to start with. Its in coeburn, they both are, I don't want to have anything to do with someone like that...it makes me sick, I refused to attend it even though my mother and father still did/do. Its a fake deal, she's fake, and its sad that she'd do that. That's the kind of churches that **** me off.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeve Churches that try to be smart

    R13 Im not attacking the church or taking up for the kid. Buy I'm sure about everyone of us conservatives on the board has heard Sunday morning coming down. The reason we like it is cause we can have lived it.

    I think sending kid to Bristol could be worse than makeing him do alot of community service. I would rather see the kid be made to see what he has done and to help fix it. If that kids goes to jail he will be lost. If he is made to fix what he has done then I doubt he will ever do it again. I honestly think that kid probly woke up with a. What the hell did I do? situation.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •